- Department of Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging was established in 1955. Dr. Sardar was the first head of Department.
- Initially, Radiology department was provided only facility of conventional Radiography/ x-Rays . Then after few years one Gray Scale ultrasound machine was added in 1978. In 1985 first conventional CT scan was installed in Nishtar Radiology department
- Department was expanding day by day by adding Fluoroscopy machine & DSA (Digital Subtraction Angiography System) in 1995
- Department was recognized by CPSP for FCPS Fellowship and MCPS membership training in 2008. First FCPS Radiology was passed out in 2013.
- Then Nishtar medical college was upgraded to Nishtar Medical University in 2017 & department then headed by Chairman Radiology.
Head Of Departments
|1||Dr. Sardar (DMRD)||1955-1968|
|2||Dr. Rashid Mian||1968-1972|
|5||Dr. Rafay Baig||1978-1980|
|6||Dr. Solomin Elahi||1980-1983|
|7||Dr. Ashraf Qureshi||1983-1984|
|8||Dr. Ashraf Choudhary||1984-1995|
|9||Dr. Asif Pervaiz||1996-2003|
|10||Dr. Noman Ehsan||2003-2003(Dec)|
|11||Dr. Asif Pervaiz||2004-2004(Oct)|
|12||Dr. Mehboob Hussain||2004-2005|
|13||Dr. Abdul Sattar Anjum||2012 – 2017|
Dr. Abdul Sattar Anjum May 2017- Present
Prof. Dr. Abdul Sattar Anjum (FCPS, FRCR)
- Dr. Maham Munir (FCPS)
- Dr. Samreen Mushtaq (FCPS)
- Dr. Sadia Anjum (FCPS)
- Dr. Naveed Hyder (DMRD)
- Dr. Asra Yaseen (FCPS)
- Dr. Asif Rafiq (FCPS)
- Dr. Rashid Irshad Rao (PMO)
- Dr. Asim Ali (FCPS)
- Dr. Neelam Malik (FCPS)
- Dr. Asif Shahzad (FCPS)
- Dr. Muhammad Sajjad (FCPS)
- Radiology Department up-gradated in recent years when we established its sub units in Gynae OPD, Main Surgical, Medical, Peads Medicine, Urology OPD and Accidental & Emergency (A & E) department to facilitate the patients, providing ultrasound , Digital x-ray and CT Scan.
- Purchase of Second MRI machine 1.5T with advanced features of Cardiac MRI, dynamic studies.
- Provide DR(Digital Radiography) Mobile X-ray machines in each floor of the hospital for quick access & facility to very sick, non-mobile patients.
- Digitalization/Film less technology in Radiology section of A&E department & providing workstations in all medical, surgical Floor and one in OT to immediately view the x-rays on their workstation.
- Installation of PACS in Radiology department through which all modalities are inter connected with A&E department & OPD also connected through PACS.
Equipment Installed in Department
- Two MRI Scan 1.5 Tesla, one with Cardiac Package.
- Two CT Scan 16 Slice & 164 Slice.
- Two DR-System (Digital Radiography System).
- Two CR-System(Computerized Radiography System).
- Two Fluoroscopy machines, one digital advanced & second non- digital.
- Ten Color Doppler ultrasound (Medium & High End).
- Six DR-portable/Mobile X-ray Machine
- Two Mobile X-ray machine with CR-System
- PACS (Picture Achieving & Communication System)
After recognition with CPSP, our 48 trainees passed FCPS under supervision of Professor Dr Abdul Sattar Anjum
Dr Samreen Mushtaq
Dr. Nazahat Pasha
Dr. Muhammad Amin
Dr. Sadia Anjum
Dr. Afshan Noreen
Dr. Mehreen Gul
Dr. Mehreen Gul
Dr. Maham Munir Awan
Dr. Noman Shafi
Dr. Kashif Nadeem
Dr. Umaima Majeed
Dr. Khalid Bin Khursheed
Dr. Sumaira Nighat
Dr. Afshan Shakir
Dr. Taha Khalil
Dr. Maria Afzal Bodla
Dr. Mehwish Zahra
Dr. Ali Karmat
Dr. Zia Ul Islam
Dr. Madeeha Ishaq
Dr. Attiqa Firdous
Dr. Dania Khalid
Dr. Urfa Shafiq
Dr. Asra Yaseen
Dr. Maryiam Nasreen
Dr. Umama Saeed
Dr. Farah Kalsoom
Dr. Saima Saleem
Dr. Ghazna Hafeez
Dr. Faiza Abid
Dr. Asim Ali Rana
Dr. Mussarat Javed
Dr. Sultan Ayoub Qureshi
Dr. Neelam Malik
Dr. Sania Hameed
Dr. Hassan Ali
Dr. Asif Shahzad
Dr. Sahar Javed
Dr. Muhammad Sajjad
Dr. Rabiaa Mehmood
Dr. Saba Usama
Dr. Amna Mustafa
Dr. Amna Khan
Dr. Ali Asim
Dr. Saba Aslam
Dr. Wajahat Ali
Dr. Asif Rafiq
Dr. Riffat Kamal
Dr. Nazia Aslam
Workload of Radiology (2017 – Oct 2021)
Workload of Radiology Department (Nov 2020 – Oct 2021)
|Machine||Indoor||Outdoor||Total Paid||Total Material||Total Free|
Workload of Radiology
Workload of Radiology of Corona Suspected Patients March 2020 – Oct 2021
|Procedure||No of Patients|
Activities & Sessions
Department is dedicatedly involved in following training activities.
- Post Graduate Education:
4.Rotation training of PGs for FCPS, students of other departments/specialities
- Under Graduate Education
- Training of 2 years diploma course of Radiographer recognized by Punjab Faculty Board
- A batch of 40 students enrolled per year
- Restart of 4 years training course of BSc (Hons) Medical Imaging Technology(MIT) in process.
- Two batch(20 students\batch) of MIT passed out in 2015
Workshop & Sessions conducted by Department
- Cardiac CT Workshop for Consultants and PGs on 23 Nov, 2018.
- Joint Workshop with Orthopaedic Department on, “Role of Radiological Tools in Orthopaedics”
- Mustafa G, Sattar A, Farooq U, Asim M.Sternal Tuberculosis discharing through skin. A rare presentation of disseminated tuberculosis. Case report. Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan 2009, vol, 19(5):313-315.
- Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Anjum SA, ALI N.Spiral CT angiography in the diagnosis and management of intra cerebral aneurysms in actue subarachnoid haemorrhage. NMJ 2010;2(2): 45-50
- Sattar A, Javid AM, Afzal M, Anjum SA, Ullah S.Multidetector CT Chest in the diagnosis and mangement of tracheobronchial foreign bodies in pediatric patients. NMJ 2010;2(3):69-73
- Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Anjum SA, Tariq A.Comparaitive study of Non-Contrast-Enhanced Spiral CT scan to ultrasonography in the diagnosis of acute renal colic.Med.Forum 2011;22(12)24-26
- Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Javid AM, Anjum SA.Diagnostic accuracy of chest X-ray in tracheobronchial foreign body aspiration in pediatric patients.J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2011;23(4):103-105
- Sattar A, Javid AM, Mushtaq S, Zahoor M, Anjum SA. Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva: A rare and severly disabling disease-A case report and review of literature.Med.Forum 2011;22(11)64-66
- Samreen M, Bodla MA, Diagnostic Accuracy of computed tomography for subarachnoid Hemorrhage patients presenting with thunder clap headache(Lumber Puncture as good standard) PJMS, vol 8, 2014.
- Samreen M, Khan MR, Akbar A, Diagnostic accuracy of focused Abdominal sonography in Trauma(FAST) patients with blunt abdominal trauma, PJMS vol.8 2014.
- Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Anum SA, Tariq A. Comparative study of Non-Contrast-Enhanced Spiral CT Scan to Ultrasonography in the diagnosis of acute renal colic.Med.Forum 2011;22(12):24-26
- Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Javid AM, Anum SA. Diagnostic accuracy of chest X-ray in tracheobronchial foreign body aspiration in pediatric patients. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2011;23(4):103-105
- Diagnostic accuracy of Ultrasonography in detection of gastrointestinal perforation among patients with blunt abdominal trauma published in Pakistant Journal of Medical and Health Sciences Jan,2017.
- Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Anjum SA. Diffusion Wighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the diagnosis and management of acute stroke.Med.Forum 2010;23(2): 14-17•Sattar A, Ahmad IJ, Majeed A, Sarwar W. Role of Magnetic Resonance Cholagiography (MRC) in patients with suspected choledocholithiasis.Med.Forum 2012;23(10);69-72•Sattar A, Shahzad A, Anjum SA, Jalal LA.Disk degeneration in adolescence and young adults: A cross sectional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study.Med.Forum 2014;24(9):45-48•Sattar A, Majeed A, Anjum S, Naqvi A. Role of Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology in the diagnosis of space occupying lesions of liver. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2014;26(3)•Majeed U, Sattar A, Anjum S, Zafar Z, Javid M.Unilateral Pulmonary agenesis. A very rare congenital enitity. Case report of two cases & review of literature. Pakistan Journal of Radiology july-septemeber 2014;26(3)•Sattar A, Ahmad I, Rishi IJ, Anjum S. Diagnostic Accuracy of Color Doppler Ultrasonography in Detection of Malignancy in Cold Nodule Thyroid Gland.APMC 2015; Vol:9(1):26-30.•Sattar A, Junaid AM, Mushtaq S, Zahoor M, Arjun SA, Fibrodysplasia ossificans Progressiva, A rare and severely disabling disease. A case report and review of Literature, Medical Forum 2011; 22(11) 64-66.
Services/Facilities offered by Department
The Department is actively providing 24/7 services for Digital X-rays, Color Doppler, Ultrasound and CT Scan in Accidental & Emergency, in Isolation wards, ICU, & Covid-19 ICU; along with Indoor & Outdoor services including MRI, CT Scan, Fluoroscopy, Color Doppler & Interventional procedures.
Facilities Offered by Radiology
- MRI Dynamic Studies
- Supera Renal
- Cardiac MRI
- MR Angiography (Cerebral & Peripheral)
- MR Venography
- MR Breast
- MR CP(Cholangiopancreatography)
- Diffusion & Perfusion studies
- MR Spectroscopy
- MR Myelography
- High Resolution MR e 3D
- Functional MRI
- MRI Tractography
- CISS Imaging
- CSF Flow Studies
- Whole Body Imaging
- Whole Spine Imaging
- 24 Hours Facility of CT Scan
- C.T Coronary Angiography
- Calcium Scoring
- C.T Angiogrpahy (Cerebral & Peripheral)
- C.T Guided Biopsies
- Biphasic\Triphasic C.T of Liver Masses
- High Resolution 3D Reconstruction
- C.T perfusion Studies
- C.T Myelography
- Digital X-Ray 24/7
- Digital Portable X-Ray 24/7
Digital Contrast Studies
- T.Tube Cholangiogram
- Barium Studies
3D/4D Digital Color Doppler Ultrasound
Color Doppler Studies:
- Pheripheral Limbs
- Umbilical Artery
- AV Fistula
- Detailed Anomaly Scan
- Shearwave Elastography (Liver, Breast, Thyroid)
- Ultrasound facility in A&E department 24/7
- Pleural fluid Aspiration (a)Diagnostic (b) Therapeutic
- Ascitic fluid Aspiration (a)Diagnostic (b) Therapeutic
- USG Guided Trucut Biopsies
- Pigtail Catheter Insertion
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst drainage —–Collection/Abscess
- Single lumen catheter insertion
- Knee joint/Hip joint Aspiration (USG Prob e Sterlized covers)
- FNAC (Lymph nodes/breast lesions)