Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC)
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC)
Objective of QEC
It is established to support Nishtar Medical University to:
- Under and Post Graduate Educations.
- Research to make it compatible with international challenges.
- Develop Commitment for continuous improvement.
Aim of QEC
To develop program of activities to produce quality doctors capable to deliver high class medical services, able to teach and perform research.
Responsibilities of QEC
- External Relations with other universities, accreditation programs, generating scholarships and improving learning resources.
- Develop procedures for approval of new programs.
- Annual review of departments and institution.
- Ensure “Quality Assurance Procedures” designed by university are beneficial to maintain and improve quality of Higher Education.
- Help in staff development and capacity building.
- Review and Organization of Curriculum.
- Develop Program Specifications (Knowledge and skill a student will develop on Completion of Program) MBBS, Masters, Phill and PhD.
- Develop procedures to review the quality of teaching and learning in each subject, program and individual by internal audit and feedback from students and teachers, self assessment peer review teams.
- Development of Research and other scholarly activities.
- Immediate Plans
- Research by first year class.
- Mentors program for new classes.
- Surgical skills workshop.
- Record keeping for visit of HEC.
- Proforma for evaluation.
The Education is the base of development of any country. The role of higher education in this regard is very vital and we are committed to provide quality education. This is the time to meet all the challenges of the 21 st century in order to make a respectable place in the world community by setting and achieving the international standards in all our educational institutions. The Quality Enhancement Cell in Nishtar Medical University is involved in monitoring the University’s academic programs to ensure that the internationally accepted standards are met and maintained. The quality enhancement is a process which enables us to determine new milestones and to set new goals after attaining the previous, this is a journey of achieving the standard very near to perfection. Quality Enhancement Cell’s main task is to identity the strength and areas of improvement through the formal evaluation procedure and to ensure the remedial measures.
Message from Director
World has become a global village and the survival of the fittest is the reality of the day. In this age of computer and satellite, every field has but to be compared with the International standard. Unfortunately, it is assumed that we are, one century behind as compared to well-developed countries of the world particularly in the field of Education, Science and Technology. Quality enhancement program is a step in the right direction and I need a full cooperation and support from my colleagues for making this University the best University in the Pakistan and to get recognition in the top world Universities. I am grateful to the Worthy Vice-Chancellor for his valuable continuous support and creativity in helping to devise the quality enhancement programs.
Mission of QEC Directorate
The role of the Directorate is to promote quality culture in the university having significant impact on the standard of research, education, community service and extracurricular activities with a view to meet national educational requirements. Involve all the stakeholders and raise their confidence to continually improve the academic standards to a level of World top ranking universities.
The Directorate of will be responsible;
- To report to the Worthy Vice Chancellors for matters related to the quality of education & research and other tasks assigned by the authority from time to time.
- For promoting public confidence that the quality and standards for the award of degrees, management and over all quality of knowledge being imparted by the institutions are enhanced and safeguarded.
- For the review of quality standards by assessing academic standards and the quality of teaching, learning and management in each subject area.
- For the review and strengthening of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- For defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from the candidates.
- To develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification.
- To develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- To develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- To ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- To train its staff from HEC on the subject of quality in higher learning and will be responsible to implement and disseminate that acquired knowledge into learning environment of the institution.
- To gather feedback from students, teachers and other stakeholders for analysis and further improvements in quality of education and research.
- Set a data bank of information related to quality and feedbacks.
- Updating the website on quarterly basis.
- Regular interactions with local and international quality enhancement offices.
- Arrange awareness seminars on Self assessment Program and quality assurance.
- Conduct short courses on technical matters related to quality.
- Facilitate local chamber of commerce and industry on standards, quality and WTO matters.
- Assist laboratories to get international recognitions through accreditation.